In the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) world, things are forever changing. It’s a digital world out there and nothing seems to stay the same for long. It is essential to have proper SEO as it lets you stay ahead of your competitors and gain as many leads as possible as well as more traffic to your business website. Here are a few tips to help you stay ahead in the SEO game:
1) First and foremost, you want to check that all your site links have been indexed and crawled by Google. If this is not the case, then your pages will not be visible to visitors or users and they will not gain any page traffic for you. The easy way to do this is to go to the index status under the Google index on the left-hand side of your browser.
2) Secondly, be sure to regularly check your sitemap’s status to ensure all is up to date. A sitemap is to help search engines determine what’s going on with your site and if there are any recent updates to it.
3) Internal linking is another useful way to keep traffic on your site. Give users relevant information that they can search within your own site so that they need not go elsewhere to find the information they are looking for.
4) Another tip to help with your website SEO is to name photos with an actual descriptive word. A good thing to remember is that all file names need to be used with hyphens if there are multiple words. This unfortunately is the only way Google knows how to read these files. This alone can can greatly boost your SEO efforts.
5) Next, make sure to use short and precise names when creating your URLs. This way it will be easier for your visitors to remember. Your URL should obviously be relevant to your site’s content and make sense to the user. Special characters should not be used unless your site is an eCommerce store.
6) Additionally, ensure all your URLs are working properly and that none have been broken at some point along the way. A broken URL is when a user clicks on a link and receives an error message saying that the content they are looking for cannot be found. This in turn can make a user weary on the professionalism of your site and perhaps assume that it is not being well maintained. Broken URLs can happen for many reasons so it is always a good thing to be checking up on this regularly.
7) Finally, one of the best tips to boost your SEO is to get into blogging. This can be useful with either blogging on your own page or blogging on other pages that have similar content to your own. Blogging on your own page will keep followers interested in your brand and they will be more inclined to keep following you. Blogging on another page can direct traffic your way to other interested users.